One of the key (and most delicious) ingredients in the baking world has to be butter. If there’s no butter in the baked good your about to serve, throw it out! I don’t want it…
But in all seriousness, you can’t do much without this important ingredient and we’ve sourced a great and easy-to-make version of cannabis-infused butter from leafly.com.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
- 1 ounce of ground cannabis flower or 1 1/2 ounces of high-quality cannabis trim (this amount will make some pretty potent butter, so decrease the amount of cannabis if you want a recipe that delivers lighter doses)
Note: Some people also use the remnants of vaporized cannabis, as many vaporizers fail to decarboxylate all of the THC in flower.
Stove Top Method:
- Add one cup of water and 1 lb of butter into a stock pot or sauce pan and let it melt and begin to simmer on low. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching.
- As butter begins to melt, add in your ground cannabis product.
- Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil